I had the pleasure of interviewing Kevin Harrington on our Refresh Your Wealth podcast last week. Kevin was an original shark on the hit TV Show Shark Tank and appeared on 160 episodes. He is also the founder of the infomercial, a pioneer of As Seen On TV, and a co-founder of Entrepreneur’s Organization (EO). He also took a $500M company public on the NYSE. In short, he’s the perfect person to ask on how to pitch your business, product, or investment. In the podcast you can hear Kevin provide his Top 9 tips for pitching your deal, business, or product. I’ve noted the Top 9 list below and you can check out the podcast here.
- Get Their Attention. Start strong and don’t get too far into the details.
- Show Problem. Why is your deal, product, or business needed?
- Show Solution. What is your solution to the need?
- Why are You Unique to Solve. What makes you so special? Why are you the person or company to solve this problem?
- Magical Transformation. Show me how this works. Wow me with how cool this is.
- Have Testimonials. Have testimonials of people who’ve experienced your company, product or service.
- Irresistible Offer. Make an irresistible offer. In the case of courting an investor, make me feel good about getting my money back first. Provide a term that I get paid back my cash investment first before you take any profit. For a product or service, give me a call to action.
- Use of Proceeds. If I’m investing money, tell me how the money is going to be used. Is it buying a property, inventory, funding R&D, or paying your salary? That makes big difference.
- Create an Invest or Buy Now Incentive. I may be interested but why should I do this now while you have my attention. Close the deal and give me comfort that this will be okay (money back guarantee, warranty, personal guarantee).
I’ve listened to plenty of clients explain their deal and/or business and found this list to be very insightful and practical. Enjoy!